Are you looking to add that extra edge to your bridge game, and learn to avoid costly mistakes? Whether you are a casual player, or a seasoned tournament contestant who always seems to finish just out of the money, private lessons with an expert are a great way to improve. You'll learn to think before you play, and understand both the how and the why of every bid and every play.
If you're interested in having me teach a weekend class for a small group, you're looking for a partner or team for an important event, or you enjoy reading bridge books, you're in the right place for that too. Contact me today and see what I can do for your bridge game!
You can also find me at the table:
- My local bridge club is the Flathead Valley Duplicate Bridge Center in Kalispell, Montana. We have open games Monday, Wednesday, and Friday afternoons and Wednesday evenings, and a full slate of classes and novice games for newer players. [We had, before covid, that is. Start dates for those weekly games are still TBA.]
- My username is Siegmund on Bridge Base Online. I can usually be found there several evenings a week.
- I am also Siegmund on Swan Games, though I'm online there less often.
- I attend many tournaments: almost all Montana sectionals; many in Idaho, southern Alberta and BC, and eastern Washington; and the occasional regional or NABC farther afield.
- June 2021: The bridge club in Kalispell is scheduled to reopen. Hiring me for a live session is once again an option. I am also again able to come to your home for a small group lesson, provided we are all fully vaccinated.
- March 2021: I have been appointed as a Board of Governors rep to the ACBL's Competition and Conventions Committee. If you have suggestions for how to improve the convention card or the alert procedure, drop me a line and I'll see that it gets passed on!
- April 2020: The novel coronavirus has forced the cancellation of almost all live club and tournament play... that makes it a perfect time for online lessons to keep your skills sharp while you wait for live bridge to resume!
- October 2018: Hand-made fabric card holders now for sale in the bookstore!
- October 2018: A new series of three articles on improving your slam-bidding decisions after a 2NT opening and a Jacoby Transfer response.
- December 2017: I have released a new convention card editor written in LaTeX.
- September 2017: a new bidding article on Lead-Deflecting Doubles